Senior DSP Engineer
Software Development - Cambridge
Reporting to: Baseband Systems Team Leader
This is a rare opportunity for a talented Senior DSP Engineer to join our Baseband Systems team and contribute to the design and development of core algorithms and DSP software for our next generation Digital Radio receivers.
The work is varied and will include algorithm development, modelling, software development and integration, systems engineering, test and debugging and involve the use of high level modelling languages such as Matlab and implementation in C and assembler.
The work will be focused on design and development of baseband communication processing modules including third party IP technology integration, audio codecs and protocols necessary to bring the system to market.
The successful candidate will join a team of 50 experienced hardware engineers, software engineers, test engineers and managers based at our Cambridge R&D Headquarters.
• Modelling, design, development, integration and testing of high quality complex software
• Responsibility for on-time delivery including task definition, work breakdown, time estimation, planning, tracking and reporting
• Contributing to the maintenance of software through bug investigation/characterisation and the development of appropriate fixes or workarounds
• Creating clear and concise documentation
• Full participating in all aspects of the software development process including specification, design, code reviews, verification, debugging, release and change control.
• Good honours degree in Maths, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
• At least 10 years professional experience in the technology, semiconductor, consumer electronics or related industries
• Excellent mathematical and modelling skills
• Excellent DSP programming skills, fluent in Matlab and C
• Good understanding of embedded communications systems
• Effective team player, self-motivated and resourceful
• Good communication skills – able to express ideas clearly and concisely
Please apply now - firstname.lastname@example.org