Our client is a well established business experiencing rapid growth seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join a successful team. Reporting into the Operations Manager your objective will be to improve the supplier quality and reliability, leverage supplier capabilities to drive down the cost of manufacturing and test.
Your key areas of responsibility include:
• Quality and reliability of an allocated satisfy their supplier quality & reliability targets
• To work with the Operational teams ensuring continuous improvement
• Champion the cause of supplier selection & development and initiate communication
• Ensure suppliers conform to ISO standards including TUV, CE, GS etc.
• Identify suppliers with core competencies to complement the business portfolio
• Ensure FMEA’s exist with suppliers to minimise disruption or failure
• Introduce changes to improve product design and component specifications
• Accountable for the quality aspect of supply and components from suppliers
• Travel to suppliers in the UK, EU and occasionally Far East to Audit procedures
• Report on suppliers performance, monitoring quality, cost and delivery
You will have a Degree or equivalent with a minimum of three years working within a similar role and manufacturing environment.
You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of six sigma, lean manufacturing methods and process capabilities. Ideally you will have experience of auditing suppliers to ISO standards
You will be an excellent communicator, influence at senior levels, exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Flexible thinker, capable of solving wider problems using structured methods.
You will be flexible, a level thinker and capable of solving wide ranging quality problems using structured methods but showing a sense of urgency where manufacturing continuity demands it. A firm character and the ability to work as part of a team or alone as the situation demands are essential qualities.
An understanding of basic reliability principles and design for manufacture methods would be an advantage.
Only applicants eligible to work in the UK should apply.