Job descriptionSustainable Conferencing Officer
24-36 month FTC
A company, enriched in history, based on the outskirts of Cambridge are searching for someone like you. The Not-for-profit organisation have been running since the early 20th century and are constantly looking for new ways to approach what they do. As an ambitious and spirited company, they look to surround themselves with likeminded individuals and actively promote a one team mind set.
Someone with great experience in Conference and Meeting organisation and a passion for sustainability and environmental preservation with a back ground in a scientific/technical field would be desirable. This role has been created off the back of a new Sustainability initiative being launched by the company and as such, the company has high expectations of what you'll be able to achieve and take on day to day. Your role day to day will be strategising and planning for the company's annual conferences, focusing on innovating and increasing the sustainability of the conferences, whilst also minimalising the potential environmental impact. Your responsibilities will include:
· Pro-actively seeking out and developing external relationships
· Researching potential up-and-coming technology that could allow remote delivery of conferences, talks and work shops
· Researching, encouraging development and overseeing launch of sustainable conferencing apps
· Manage and evaluate the projects, dissecting their performance and relaying feedback highlighting potential areas for improvement
The role is offering a brilliant opportunity to work for a company that has an incredible community feel to it and can genuinely offer you a friendly and encouraging working environment. In order to be considered for this position you will need to have gained the following experience:
· Proven record in planning and organising conferences and meetings, with a clear passion for creating and developing teams
· Extensive experience in seeing projects through from inception to completion
· Experience or a keen interest in a Scientific field
· Degree qualified or similar professional qualification
If you're successful with your application, you will have the opportunity to work with an incredibly passionate and ambitious team who thrive on working as a unit. If you're ready to take on an ambitious project and you think you have what it takes, then apply now!