Job descriptionSoftware Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)
Cooper Lomaz has a fantastic new opportunity as a Software Developer in Test based out of Huntingdon working within a growing team working on some interesting and complex projects. If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to be part of a busy, innovative and driven team which looks to deliver software to a high quality and as efficiently as possible then this is the ideal role for you.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about testing, want to work in a dynamic environment and have the drive for continuous improvement and learning. Within this new role the key focus of this role will cover a broad range of skills relating to automation testing responsible for the configuration management of test environments, being the lead on increasing the automation of all types of testing within the CD pipeline including rollback process, preparing test cases, creating scripts and executing functional and non-functional tests for performance and security for micro services.
Applicants must be strong communicators and able to work closely with the team producing test outcome reports to increase confidence on quality to the Product Owner. Technically applications will have experience in programming and scripting with commercial exp3eriwence working with Automated testing using testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, NUnit, TestNG, etc.
Skills required for this role:
- Experience in one or more of C#, VB .NET, Java, Python, Perl, Raku or similar programming languages
- A proven understanding of working with AGILE + DevOps process management methodology.
- Extensive experience in testing methods, preferably ISTQB CTFL-AuT certified or equivalent.
- Experienced in the implementation of Security (SECOPS), Performance and smoke testing.
- Experienced in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experienced in Test Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, NUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Knowledge of databases and database querying, especially SQL database.
- Awareness of Angular SPA Framework, Protractor, GIT, understanding of serverless architecture and ability to configure Mock end points (REST) would be advantageous.
- Desire to learn emerging technologies and open to sharing ideas.