Job descriptionMy Client is a Global yet highly diversified Media Group with an easily recognisable & reputable brand.
Due to some internal movement they are currently looking for a high calibre Corporate Tax Analyst to be based in their Peterborough office (you will be working remotely for the next 6 - 12 months with maybe 1 - 2 days in the office per week with a view to returning to the office full time once Covid19 fears retreat).
The Corporate Tax Analyst will play a key role in the Tax Team focused around the Corporation Tax compliance cycle for approximately 50 UK & Irish companies with elements of project work and ad-hoc tasks.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collecting data to prepare the analysis for the corporation tax computations, including liaising with other departments, such as Corporate Reporting, Capex and Technology
- Analysing data sources to draft tax computation for around 50 UK companies including fixed asset registers for additions and disposals and SAP data reports, for P&L analysis
- Using the data to prepare tax computations in Alphatax to a very high standard for management review, including balance sheet and P&L analysis
- Liaising with Corporate Reporting Team during the statutory accounts process, ensuring the team are given the correct information for each company for the tax notes and tax disclosures using Alphatax
- Have a good understanding of the tax return filing process, documentary requirements, including iXbrl tagging
- Assist in monitoring deadlines in the corporate tax cycle including the statutory accounts process, filing of the returns with HMRC and tax payments
- Support the Manager with quarterly & yearly reporting, including the collection of source data and preparing a file for SOX purposes
The successful incumbent will either be actively studying an Accounting Qualification or have a desire to and possess ideally 2+ years relevant experience.