Job descriptionMy Client is a global Financial Brokerage based in easily accessible offices in Central London.
Due to some internal movement, they are currently looking for an IT Controls Officer on an initial 6 month contract.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Representing IT whilst working with internal compliance, legal and audit teams to respond to queries and material requests relating to IT control frameworks such as IT security, data retention, procedures, or data protection laws
• Prepare for internal, external audits or regulatory examinations
• Complete attestations and declarations relating to our control standards
• Policy writing
• Understanding infrastructure technologies (internal and cloud) and help refine how technology and IT procedures support policies and control frameworks
• Cyber security (ideally with knowledge and experience of NIST framework)
• Preparing technical and supporting IT material for meetings such as risk, cyber and board level presentations
• Work with technical teams to track full remediation and closure of previously logged operational incidents of significance to ensure all lessons learned get implemented as agreed
• Coordinate at a technical level with IT teams (internal and external) to integrate infrastructure solutions for the purposes of compliance, regulation or legal frameworks
The successful candidate will possess relevant experience with technology controls and security frameworks ideally within the finance sector. The role is a hands-on-with-technology position and will require the ability to work with end users / end user computing on practical matters as well as being able to assist with the preparation of high quality executive level material regarding IT controls and frameworks / processes.