Job description2nd Line Support Engineer
We are exclusively recruiting for a 1st to 2nd Line Support Engineer for a new permanent role in Cambridge. You will be taking on helpdesk tickets and get hands on diagnosing issues with laptops, mobiles and even some network patching onsite in a new essential services building which is open during this period. This role is a mix of working from home and office based work and you must be able to drive to different sites around Cambridge.
As the new Support Engineer you will be tasked with a variety of duties from basic 1st line tickets to complex 2nd line projects which would encompass server and file system administration, working with DHCP, login scripts, file/print services, Active Directory / ADFS, Group Policy, SCCM, WSUS, user profile creation/management, DFS. Applicants will have outstanding communication skills, you shall be joining an environment where technical issues are called in rather than emails, therefore it is essential your technical skills are coupled with an outgoing personality.
Applicants will have experience of:
- Commercial experience working at a 1st and 2nd line Support level
- Professional computing qualification or degree in computing science or equivalent experience.
- Interest in Systems Administration
- Windows systems network, server and file system administration including working with DHCP, login scripts, file/print services, Active Directory / ADFS, Group Policy, SCCM, WSUS, user profile creation/management, DFS.
- PC build, distribution and management.
- Experience with accessing servers in a virtual environment management.
- Backup management.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN networking concepts and administration.
- UK clean driving licence (car)