Job descriptionProduction Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a very successful, ever expanding global company based in the heart of Cambridgeshire who are looking for a Production Manager to join their team. The position will cover the full responsibility of the Manufacturing and Packaging departments on the site. The job holder will lead the Operational teams to safely manufacture products to meet quality specifications. The role is also part of the Site Leadership Team and reports directly to the Site Manager.
• Be responsible for the EHS and Process Safety within the Production Operations environment.
• Manage and control the Bulk Production Plant and Packing Lines operation (6 direct reports and 52 indirect reports) with a direct link with all other supporting functions in the site. You will lead and manage the day to day operations of both departments, meeting the required customer requirements.
• Be accountable for safe manufacturing, cost effectiveness and striving for operational excellence within all areas of responsibility. You will undertake specific continuous improvement projects and share learning, in addition to implementing sustainable LEAN manufacturing (5S, Kaizen, SMED, OEE etc).
• Lead the Production Team Leaders by identifying, developing, and staffing the organizational capabilities & talent in line with operations objectives. You will lead a performance and learning oriented culture, building high performance teams and coaching others for performance and delivery of quality products and personal development.
• Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
• Extensive experience in a chemical synthesis or formulation.
• Chemical sector experience in Production and Packing Line operations.
• Experience in EHS requirements, process safety management (preferably gained in top tier COMAH environment).
• Experience of implementing and delivering LEAN manufacturing.
• Experienced leader with ability to manage, coach and develop others.
• Commercially aware, with the ability to manage cost and budgets effectively.