Monday to Friday
Salary to be discussed on qualification
Do you have experience in the FMCG industry managing specific procurement contracts and suppliers, securing provision of the best supply and maintenance costs for the business, whilst ensuring continuity of supply and contracted specifications are adhered to? I am working with an Essex based food manufacturing business looking to recruit a Buyer to work along side the team building rapport and relationships with internal and external stakeholder.
To be successful within this role you will be responsible for:
- Management of specified contracts, suppliers and projects allocated in line with the overall business strategic plans.
- Have a strong understanding/relationship with the Compliance Team on the requirements for items purchased and contract required, to ensure that all the information required is requested from suppliers in the quickest and most efficient way.
- Understand market trends in relevant categories and work supplier contracts and deals round these to report back to the business when there are opportunities.
- Regularly report progress and update on long term projects to the business and Director.
The skills required for this role:
- Ability to confidently negotiate contracts with suppliers and build strong relationships.
- Experience using Office suite plus bespoke software applications.
- Experience within the FMCG industry, Ideally Food Manufacturing.
If you are an experienced Buyer looking for a new challenging position working within a business who strive to succeed and continue to develop. Apply Now!