Job descriptionThe role is to help software engineering functions with our client as part of the Engineering Productivity Team, using Infrastructure-as-code to help build and deliver CI/CD pipelines and enable teams to release early, effectively and confidently. This is a new team that has been formed to enable a shift to a full DevOps culture.
The role -
- Designing a highly available, scalable, secure, optimised, and compliant core cloud infrastructure
- Capturing and defining the cloud infrastructure design as code using Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Integrating Jira, Github, and continuous deployment tools, to build a robust automated workflow that fully satisfies QA requirements
- Help build and maintain CI/CD tools, including advanced deployment techniques like blue/green and canary deployments.
- Working with operations to automate the execution and reporting of application, systems, security, acceptance, compliance, and performance testing
- Debating and supporting analysis required to take informed decisions on the systems architecture
- Maintaining the end-to-end service delivery cycle
- Assist in a move to a Devops culture
- Provide guidance and support to teams to enable them to release code continuously and confidently
- Infrastructure as Code
- Scripting skills
Technical requirements -
- Experience of Packer, Terraform, Docker and Ansible
- Knowledge of (or desire to learn) designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of building and maintaining infrastructure for CI/CD pipelines
- AWS and cloud systems (GCP knowledge a bonus).
- Scripting languages - Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.
- Experience writing and creating documentation and diagrams to support your work
- Experience of CI/CD systems like CircleCI, Jenkins, and Spinnaker
- Knowledge of Flux and Istio
- Understanding of different deployment strategies
- Experience building completely automated CI/CD systems
This role falls inside IR35