Job descriptionIT Systems Administrator
£28,000 - £36,000 - 1 Year FTC
We are currently recruiting for a IT Systems Administrator with in South Cambridge near Sawston (currently remote working but will require occasional onsite work and full onsite work after restrictions are lifted) where you shall support and manage the administration of IT server systems and be involved with daily administration tasks and troubleshooting alongside assisting with improvements and developments to enhance IT services
Key areas of Responsibility
- Assist with the support, administration and maintenance of the Windows server estate.
- Assist with the user account and mailbox provisioning following starters/leavers, account amendment requests, and mailbox administration.
- Assist with administration of Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange and domain services.
- Assist with IT server services such as DNS, DHCP, SQL Databases, IIS, RDS, Anti-virus protection, and Business systems.
- Assist with service maintenance, including:
- Monitoring of performance, events, and logs to report on any significant events and maintain service stability.
- Server backup monitoring, verification and restore tests.
- Patching, updating and upgrading of allocated Windows server systems.
- Provide service support, including:
- 2nd and 3rd line support for Helpdesk incident requests and perform initial troubleshooting for servers and their applications.
- 2nd line support for Microsoft Office 365 services.
- Ensure that all systems and procedures are documented to a high standard and meet audit requirements.
- Recent experience supporting and administering Windows servers in a corporate environment.
- Recent experience of widely used IT services, including: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, RADIUS, Certificate authorities.
- Proven troubleshooting and fault-finding experience in a corporate environment.
- Proven experience producing and maintaining procedures, change control and other IT documentation.
- Experience patching and updating Windows server systems to ensure they are supported and secure.
- Experience configuring and integrating monitoring systems such as log, performance or network monitoring/reporting solutions.
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience researching, evaluating and implementing new products or services in a corporate environment to upgrade or improve IT services.
- Experience administering Office 365 accounts and services.
If this sounds like you, apply now!