Job descriptionMy client is a well established, leading local business that continues to expand and grow year on year. They specialise in the design & manufacture of special purpose machinery from humble beginnings now have 10 manufacturing sites around the world with their products installed in more than 45 countries worldwide.
Due to further expansion they now have an exciting opportunity for an Export Manager to join their dynamic team to support current & future growth.
The business have recently restructured the team and are looking for someone with strong experience within export to lead the management of international service and delivery.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing the downward Supply Chain to provide shipping of their manufacturing worldwide
- Meeting customer delivery expectations whilst also overseeing the importation of commodities as required
- Developing the existing team of 4 that will work directly under you
- Work with other departments within the business to improve performance
- Manage the logistics, shipping whilst working with the master production schedule
Key experience needed for the position:
- Experience of managing within an international import/ export position
- Knowledge of freight/shipping
- Strong knowledge of customs compliance (HAWB, Bills of Laden, commercial invoicing)
- International import/ export legislation
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of industry standard IT tools and systems.
- Strong organisational skills and commercial awareness
This is a full time, permanent opportunity paying a competitive salary for the current marketplace.
If this position is of interest then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry on 01284 701302 to discuss further.