Job descriptionWe are currently working with a leading Fresh Produce business based in Cambridgeshire to help recruit a member of their non-retail Commercial team. They are at the forefront of modern farming and food distribution and offer a fast paced, stimulating and rewarding business.
For the position of Account Support your role will include but not be limited to;
• Receiving & Processing sales orders
• Building rapport with all customers through all channels of communication.
• Weekly price/weight returns within using in-house software to ensure that finished goods prices match that of customer's sales orders received and that invoicing is correct.
• Supporting the everyday running of the Non-Retail accounts, including liaising with various departments (e.g. transport, packaging, finance, harvest/production leaders) and customers.
• Booking of distribution services required to fulfil customer sales orders through the pre-formatted booking processes.
• Timely investigation of price/weight discrepancies/debit notes
• Ensure that all related transactions (PO creation and maintenance) are recorded such that reporting on activities and costs is fully transparent.
• Support in developing a supplier base with the appropriate capability to meet identified volume, quality and cost requirements, developing the appropriate relationships for long term supply or short-term trading activity.
• Support in planning, scheduling and procuring selected product lines required to fulfil production schedules.
• Using forecast and liaising with production planners, help manage stock levels to ensure no stock-outs, procuring at most economic order sizes whilst managing exposure to product dumping.
• Support New Product Development within the supplier base and share best practices with the growers.
• Practice Continuous Improvement in all areas of operation.
The ideal person for this role will be:
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages.
• Team Player.
• Be able to work using your own initiative.
• Organisation and planning skills.
• Have great attention to detail, good verbal, numerical and communication skills.
• Have a can-do proactive approach to work.
• A food related degree or experience within the Food/Fresh Produce industry
Hours of work: 40 hours - Mon-Fri plus weekends on a rota basis.