Job descriptionWe are working with a fast growing and branded food business to recruit for their high risk, ready to cook, meat business unit. They have recently had huge investment and this role has become available due to promotion in the business. The business have fantastic opportunities and a very strong brand.
Reporting into the Site Technical Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing effective management systems to ensure operational and technical integrity; develop expertise across the site, fully understanding the processes and constraints, to continuously improve food safety, legality and quality compliance across the site, in conjunction with other members of the operations team.
You will be accountable for the technical and quality assurance function of the site, developing and implementing a site plan to deliver continuous improvement against quality, cost and technical KPIs and ensure that the site and suppliers maintain the standards required by all customers and relevant codes of practice/guidelines.
Other duties will include but not limited to:
• Responsible for continuous improvement of these standards in conjunction with senior site management.
• Review and develop the technical team to ensure they maintain acceptable standards of performance and behaviour and are aware of their roles and accountabilities.
• Succession planning
• Lead and drive continued performance improvement within the Technical team against standards and targets ensuring every team member is equipped to deliver against all expectations.
• Ensure that site is legally and contractually compliant in all areas and to actively promote hygiene, health and safety, immediately halting any unsafe practices and taking appropriate action to remedy.
• Monitor the ongoing progress of the operation, liaising with production and other departments as necessary to predict and mitigate problem areas and develop solutions.
• Ensure that the site achieves and maintains the targeted level of accreditation through customer/legal auditing processes.
• Oversees technical involvement in trials associated with Technical, NPD, Engineering, Manufacturing, Packaging, Hygiene, etc.
• Responsible for leading, or providing suitable resource for site technical visits and audits by customers and other visitors
• Lead independent projects as and when the need arises, ensuring that all company, legislative, customer and 3rd party accreditation body standards are considered.
• Accountable for the completion of TSA and HARA (or other customer requirements) in line with customer requirements
Skills & Experience required:
• Industry recognised Technical qualification at bachelor's degree level or equivalent.
• Relevant food manufacturing experience in a similar role (minimum 7 years).
• Demonstrable track record of delivering continuous improvement in technical and food safety standards.
• Excellent track record of managing teams; building capability, addressing any issues effectively and in compliance with legislative and company policies and procedures.
• Ability to clearly communicate and influence internally and externally at all levels of an organisation.
• Experience of working with a complex, demanding retail or similar customer base.
• A high level of flexibility is required and the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment with sometimes conflicting needs and wants.
• Advanced HACCP.
• Advanced Food Hygiene.
• Recognised Internal Audit training and experience of managing internal and external auditing processes and requirements
• Recognised 3rd Party Audit training.
• Recognised PC skills (Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Powerpoint).