Job descriptionMy client has been established for over 35 years and has experienced considerable growth during this time including mergers and company takeovers. They are based near Bury St Edmunds in a large, modern facility and due to this continued expansion and internal restructure they are currently looking to grow their Manufacturing team by adding an Electro-Mechanical Assembly Technician.
Reporting to the Production Co-ordinator, your duties will be to assemble precision electro-mechanical instrumentation following appropriate processes whilst maintaining the highest level of quality. It is essential that you will have precision mechanical and / or electronic assembly experience.
An overview of your responsibilities will include:
- Assemble electro-mechanical sub-assemblies and full systems.
- Cable wiring and low-level PCB assembly
- Work with attention to detail ensuring specifications and quality standards are adhered to.
- Work to provided engineering drawings and processes.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Conduct good engineering hygiene for an efficient working environment.
- Contribute to maintenance of Health and safety in the workplace.
And the ideal person for this role will have:
- Familiarity with a range of electronic components.
- Good hand to eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Experience of hand assembly of electronic and/or precision mechanical systems.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the Business.
It would also be highly advantageous if you had any of the following:
- Soldering experience.
- Knowledge of vacuum practices, electron microscopy, materials testing.
- A formal qualification in electronics or mechanical assembly.
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems.
If successful, you would not only be joining a fantastic company experiencing year on year growth but you would also receive a competitive salary, 23 days holiday + bank holidays, life insurance, company pension and be part of a share incentive scheme.
This is a full time, permanent position working a 37.5 hour week with flexible working hours. You would also be working in a safe and friendly air-conditioned working environment.
If you fit the requirements above and this sounds like the role for you then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.