Job descriptionMy client is a very well established and Global company that has been trading successfully for well over 100 years and employs over 1,600 people across 11 countries..and is still growing!
Due to further expansion they are currently seeking Composite Operator to work in their Manufacturing Department.
Your role would be to manufacture components from composite materials which meet engineering and quality standards. This role will be required to work on a regular night shift and will include weekend work.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO WORK THESE SHIFTS.
The main responsibilities and tasks for this position include:
• Manufacture broadcast components from carbon fibre.
• Use processing equipment to infuse and machine.
• In-process testing to maintain quality standards.
• Carry out planned maintenance.
• Suggest and implement continuous improvement ideas.
• Work in line with environmental, health and safety site requirements.
The knowledge and skills required for this position are:
• An experienced mechanical assembler who has worked in a mechanical device production environment, minimum 5 years' experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing carbon fibre composites
• Able to read mechanical engineering drawings.
• Well organised, adaptable, and quick to learn new processes, with the ability / experience to complete documentation and reporting if required.
• Quality focused with good trouble shooting skills.
• Self-motivated with the drive and enthusiasm to get things done.
• Ability to work autonomously and a strong team player with a can do attitude and a flexible attitude to helping in all areas when required, with a willingness to work additional hours when required at short notice.
• GCSE English and Maths - Grade C or above.
It would also be advantageous if you have the following:
• Formal training on KUKA robots
• Operated vacuum resin transfer moulding (VRTM) processing equipment.
This is a full time, permanent position paying a basic salary competitive in the current marketplace and you will also get a generous shift allowance as well as various benefits and development opportunities within a fast-growing organisation.
If this position is of interest then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.