Job descriptionCAD Technician- Great Yarmouth- £25.000- £30,000 per annum
Our client designs and manufactures specialist products for subsea installations worldwide. They are a small but very busy company and are looking to recruit a CAD Technician to join the team. This position is through growth of the business, they are part of a larger group who are looking for this area to push on with their already achieved success.
The CAD Technician will be responsible for creating and adapting technical drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor. This role will work closely with the Technical Design Manager and the Senior Engineer to assist other departments by providing drawings for projects and bids.
Job responsibilities include:
- Technical drawings for projects, enquiries and new product development
- Provide engineering calculations and checks on designs for company products, client project specific structures, lifting equipment and development projects and products
- Ensure all technical enquiries are handled using the most efficient and appropriate solution for the client and the business
- Self-management of work to enable accurate deadlines to be given for deliverables
To be considered for the position, you will ideally have the following:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D
- Civil engineering background
- Knowledge of reinforced concrete, bar bending schedules and/or steel fabrication
- It also would be beneficial if you have worked with 3D software in the past