Job descriptionFounded in 1987, my client is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. They have more than 194,000 employees, and operate in more than 170 countries and regions, serving more than three billion people around the world.
Due to further expansion within their UK division they now have an opportunity for a Quality Engineer based out of Ipswicch, Suffolk. Working as part of the QHSE Team and reporting into the Quality Manager, your role will be toensure the successful delivery of QA project requirements whilst supporting Process Engineering / Production with Quality techniques appropriateto maintain stable process control.
Your main responsibilities within this role will include...
• Providing Guidance for control methods such as SPC, Measurement Systems Analysis, Gage R&R
• Auditing projects as part of the company QA internal audit team pre Technical Review Gate reviews, creating audit finding reports and issuing report findings to action owners.
• Working alongside Project Managers to ensure QA deliverables are in place prior to Technical Review gates.
• Facilitating FMEA's for Design & Process functions.
• Supporting QHSE Manager to interface with the customer to align with the company requirements.
• Oversee Customer complaints ensuring that critical information is shared with the customer in accordance with our QMS
• Facilitate 8D meetings ensuring that process expectations are met
The essential skills and qualifications required for the idea candidate are...
• IQA/CQI Diploma Level 5 (May accept Level 3 qualification if the candidate has a strong skill set) UKAS accredited internal auditor trained
• Knowledge of R&D, NPI and Manufacturing gate acceptance process
• Quality expertise in statistical process control methods, Six Sigma and SPC
• Working knowledge of 8D, PDCA & Root cause analysis techniques
• Competency in Microsoft Office for producing documents and metrics in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
It would also be desirable if you had the following..
• Experience working in a III-V semi-conductor fabrication environment
• Lead auditor trained
• Experience in Risk Management techniques such as FMEA
• Experience of Q-Pulse and Minitab software platforms
• Working knowledge of ISO9001
The ideal person for this position would have...
• Ability to work calm under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, to challenge deliverable content when required
• Have a flexible approach to working hours
• Supportive of the company culture and ethos
• Ensuring prioritization of workload dovetails with the needs of the business
• Positive approach to teamwork and actively seeks to share information and ideas with colleagues
• Strong approach to persuasion and negotiation
• Personality to fit in with staff from all backgrounds, cultures and varying levels of the business
If this sounds like the ideal position for you, and you feel you have the relevant skills, qualifications and personality then please submit your current CV or call Gerry to discuss further.