Job descriptionMy client is a supplier of products for accelerating drug discovery. They enable breakthroughs in life science research through best-in-class engineering. To support their growing business across the breadth of their portfolio, they are looking for a self-motivated hands-on Field Service Engineer with proven Electro/Mechanical troubleshooting abilities to be based in South Germany. This position reports to the European Team Leader.
Working independently from home, you will be enthusiastic, committed and ready to take responsibility for coordinating and managing your own time to ensure preventative maintenance service calls are prioritised and followed through to completion. Excellent customer facing skills are required.
The primary area served by this new position will be mainland Europe. Candidates should anticipate on average, 812 days per month of overnight travel. Close proximity to a major airport will be considered a plus. Occasional international travel will be required for training purposes and to provide cover for other territories.
This vacancy presents an opportunity to provide on-site support for an exciting range of products and will therefore best suit candidates seeking a varied, challenging and stimulating work experience.
- Scheduling and performing territory service work such as on-site installation and preventative maintenance;
- Responsible for account management, ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Performing reactive territory repair visits;
- Being available to travel at short notice in order to support other Field Service Engineers when needed;
- Timely completion of all required documentation;
- Communicating any product quality issues to the appropriate persons;
- Working closely with Sales personnel and Field Applications Specialists
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise workload;
- Ability to travel on short notice which at times could involve at least 50% overnight travel;
- Previous Experience with electro-mechanical and automated systems, ideally within the pharmaceutical/healthcare sectors;
- Strong customer focus;
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to workload;
- Candidates will possess at least one of the following: Engineering Apprenticeship, vocational training in electronics or mechanical disciplines.
- Self-motivated, team player;