Job descriptionMy client is a very well established and Global company that has been trading successfully for well over 100 years and employs over 1,600 people across 11 countries..and is still growing!
Due to further expansion they are currently seeking Systems Support Engineer to work in their Prompting & Robotics Department.
Your role would be to provide front line internal and external customer technical support. This role will troubleshoot product issues, system issues and assist in problem resolution whether by remotely diagnosing the status and issues, or by assisting in the return of the product to the Repair Depot for manual product repairs or completing prompting/robotic bench repairs.
The main responsibilities and tasks of this role include:
• Maintain customer technical phone support during regular working hours and after hours as needed.
• When required, remotely access customer systems to diagnose faults and to provide solutions where possible.
• Raise repairs and service request cases in Salesforce and ensure they are tracked until completed, closed, or allocated to another member of the Service and Support team.
• Contribute to best practice methods for customer service and system improvements.
• Work closely with the Field Service Engineers and the other Repair Engineers who provide on-site support and make repairs in-house. Monitor their progress and update customers as needed.
• Stay up to date on product knowledge for all product lines - full training will be provided on products.
• Liaise when necessary with other departments to resolve any customer issues.
• Occasional on-site customer visits when required alone or accompanied by Field Support Engineers.
• Keeping a line of Communication with UK Technical support and development teams
• Other work assigned by management.
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you will have the following knowledge and skills:
• Ability to use own initiative to address problems and present solutions
• Professional approach
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail ability
• Complete working knowledge of legacy and current Microsoft Windows OS (2000, XP, Win7, Win10)
• Advanced understanding, diagnosis and investigation abilities on IP networks
• Knowledge of Windows networks
• Ability to use remote diagnostics tools for computer troubleshooting and configuration (e.g. Bomgar or similar)
• Ability to communicate with customers - both in person, on the telephone and via e-mail.
• Mechanical and electronics technical knowledge
• Knowledge of QNX operating system
• Experience working with a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
• CCNA Cisco certification
• Consolidated Experience with Camera, Lenses and Digital video systems, VR & AR systems
It would also be highly advantageous if you had the following qualifications:
• GCSE English and Maths - Grade C or above.
• Bachelor or Master Technical Degree or Certification from a Technical School.
• Preferred Electronic Engineering, Computing, IP Networks
If you have previous experience of working in a technical support role which involved responding to live situations this would be highly beneficial also.
This is a full time, permanent position with an ASAP start. The role would be a mix of working from home as well as my clients base. The salary is highly competitive and you would be joining a very exciting company with excellent benefits.
In order to be consdered for the position, please submit your latest CV or call Gerry on 01284 701302