Job descriptionMy client is an organisation specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of a wide range of manufacturing engineering systems covering mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems. They have significant expertise in batch manufacturing operations, filling and packaging and process control / automation.
Due to expansion of the business they are now seeking a Senior Commercial Manager with significant experience in this sector.
The role would be to oversee all commercial activities of the organisation, ensuring it maximises all opportunities for profit generation available.
Your core duties would involve;
• Implementing strategies to drive revenue and ultimately business growth.
• Increasing business turnover and profitability by the introduction of new clients and product streams.
• Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
• Carrying out risk assessment when taking on new customer accounts.
• Negotiating ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers.
• Reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commerciality.
• Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes.
• Management and reporting of supplier contracts and terms.
• Streamlining lead generation processes enabling sales teams to chase leads swiftly.
• Analysing possible opportunities for growth via acquisition and performing due diligence.
• Implementing new sales strategies and ensuring departments follow industry best practice.
• Making commercial recommendations to the board of directors.
• Setting and delivering the company plan alongside other directors.
• Handling a variety of projects for the business and overseeing project management.
• Manage business cash flow and suggest methods to improve.
• Enhance and enforce project processes and procedures.
The required skills and experience for this position would include;
• Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
• Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
• Relevant industry experience and in-depth knowledge of the market.
• Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Commercial understanding of business profitability.
• Understanding the importance of managing cash flow in small to medium sized businesses.
This is a full time, permanent position with an ASAP start. The salary is very competitive within the current marketplace and comes with an additional benefits package.
In order to be considered for the position, please submit your latest CV or call Gerry on 01284 701302 to discuss further.