Job descriptionMy client, established for over 50 years has experienced continued growth throughout it's history. It is a leading stockist and distributor of electrical components to the Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Industrial sectors and exports to over 45 companies.
Due to retirement, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Manager for an ASAP start. This is a permanent position, working full time and based from their Essex office.
Reporting into the Managing Director, your main responsibilities for this position will be to:
- Maintain and improve the Company's Quality Management System and ensure internal compliance. Experience of ISO9001, ISO14001, AS9100 and IRIS would be especially beneficial
- Work with all departments to ensure their procedures are being followed and to improve their internal and cross-functional processes and procedures
- Ensure that the quality of current and newly introduced products is compliant and traceable
- Coordinate Quality activities with all over departments
- Develop and improve quality relationships with all customers of the Company
- Responsible for all Quality activities and personnel in the Quality Department for the Company
- Provide strong leadership in the day-to-day operations of the Quality department and mentor the members of the team
- Establish performance goals for all departmental employees and monitor performance on a continual basis
- Oversee all hiring, appraisal, training and discipline of Quality personnel
- Member of the Company's Management team
- Produce the Quality element of the company's annual Budget.
- Formulate the departmental strategy aligned to the overall Company strategy.
- Embed a Continuous Improvement culture within the Quality Dept and contribute to the Continuous Improvement programme across the site.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- HND or equivalent qualification in Engineering or a related Technical field required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Manufacturing environment
- Ability to articulate (verbally & in writing), defend and negotiate Quality expectations with internal and external customers at all levels of management.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and educate/train at all levels
This position is paying a competitive salary plus the usual benefits and is working for a growing organisation that work with a huge and exciting client base.
If this sounds like the role for you then please submit your CV or call Gerry to discuss further.