Job descriptionMy client was founded in 1982 and is a pioneering company that specialises in the research, development and manufacture of highly effective animal health products. They are the market leader in trace element supplementation for livestock. They have experienced continued growth and are now seeking a Manufacturing Scheduler / Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As a Manufacturing Scheduler / Buyer you will be responsible for scheduling work through the factory together with the procurement of manufacturing raw materials and packaging. You should have cross-functional organisational skills and MRP skills. You will also support the production management in various aspects of production planning, support the organisations efficiency programme and have a strong focus on continuous improvement. Essentially you will be maintaining spreadsheets on Excel so you would need to be at intermediate to expert level, including understanding and using complex formulas.
Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
• Operate within the requirements of cGMP, GMP+ and FEMAS.
• Develop production schedules in conjunction with the Production team.
• Ensure that production schedules are met by purchasing the necessary materials and that trained staff are available.
• Manage the MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system to ensure the efficiency of the stock holding and of the production process.
• Maintain the approved suppliers list in collaboration with QA.
• Risk assess suppliers to ensure a continuous and secure supply chain.
• Conducting offsite supplier audits reporting finding and recommendations.
• Ensure that stock is kept to an appropriate level to meet business needs.
• Provide necessary reports to the management team to allow them to assess the efficiency of production.
• To be involved in the annual budgeting process and management accounting forecasts.
• Manage raw material and packaging non-conformance reports by working with suppliers and to achieve a beneficial and satisfactory response.
• Work with new and existing suppliers to identify, analyse and realise continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
• Lead and coordinate (with QA/QC and R&D) the evaluation and approval of newly sourced raw materials and packaging.
• Run regular re-negotiations in terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluations with suppliers taking corrective actions as required.
• Drive an effective supplier management system that ensures approved suppliers are meeting performance targets and KPIs, and implement improvement plan and actions if/ when required.
• Advising on strategic procurement decisions to ensure future material availability and supply.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following essential skills:
• Solid experience in a procurement or supply chain related role.
• Experience in buying chemicals is highly advantageous.
• Experience of applying technical knowledge in a commercial environment.
• Knowledge of procurement systems.
• Excellent analytical and IT skills to calculate materials requirements, inventory trends and forecasts.
• Proven contract negotiation skills, with the confidence and tenacity to negotiate with suppliers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Maintaining positive relationships with Suppliers.
• Able to work autonomously in a complex environment.
• Determination, energy, tenacity, enthusiasm, loyalty, need to achieve.
• Ability to work productively in mixed work hub and office environment.
You will hold a CIPS level qualification or equivalent and have been ideally operating within a purchasing role for a minimum of 3 years.
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday. Your working hours would be 8am-4:30pm with a 30 minute lunch break and 2 x 15 minute breaks. This position pays a salary which is highly competitive in the current marketplace and comes with a number of benefits including annual leave, dead in service benefit, paid leave and Christmas off, employee assistance programme etc.
If this position sounds of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.