Job descriptionFor over 35 years, my client has been at the forefront of designing machinery for the food, beverage, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries. They are international suppliers and export to clients Globally. From preparation to preservation, conveying and packaging, they have a comprehensive range of technologies.
Due to expansion within the company they now have a new opportunity to join as a Field Service Engineer. This position is based out of Essex but will have primary responsibility for all equipment at Global customer locations so there is plenty of opportunity for travel!
The main responsibilities of this role will include;
Mechanical Service Management
- Under direction of service management, manages and trains all processing service personnel assigned to customer site.
- Responsible for all performance and calibration of machinery.
- Responsible for maintenance and calibration of powder filling systems.
- Manages equipment overhaul so that performance will be to client and customer standards and completed within a timely schedule.
- Assist in field testing of new designs or equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering and expediting all parts and maintaining adequate inventory for machinery.
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering and expediting all parts, tools and inventory at locations for service contracts for customer equipment.
Customer Satisfaction and Relations
- Works closely with all departments to assure that good communication is maintained from the customer site to client.
- Have good mechanical/pneumatic knowledge of customers machinery that is used in powder filling processing.
- Attend customer meetings regarding operation of powder equipment room and related equipment.
- Report all sales opportunities to UK Regional Service Sales/coordinator.
Planning and Administration
- Responsible for proper and timely submission of required reports to client and customer representatives for machinery and service contracts.
- Checks and monitors all time and expense reports weekly.
- Meets the preventative maintenance target.
- Meet all monthly safety requirements as established by the HSE Department
- Attend all required site Safety Training sessions or complete and submit make-up materials to the Safety Department.
- Comply with all safety policies and guidelines.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills and qualifications;
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proven ability to work by him/her self as a part of the team
- Basic computer knowledge
- Works well with all departments
- Has good customer skills
- Become part of customer's team
- Training in mechanical, electrical, computer
- Experience with clients equipment and customer machinery
- Ability to conduct training seminars for customers personnel
- Has general knowledge of all types of instrumentation and how to calibrate
If this position sounds of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.