Job descriptionFounded in 1987, my client is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. They have more than 194,000 employees, and operate in more than 170 countries and regions, serving more than three billion people around the world.
Due to further expansion within their UK division they now have an opportunity for a HR Assistant based out of Ipswich, Suffolk. Reporting into the HR Manager, you will be part of a small, 3 person team on site that links to a UK-wide HR Team. You will provide support for all HR activities and support the business needs by contributing to project work supporting events and learning activities and maintaining records and reports. You will act with integrity and maintain confidentiality of data and discussions and provide a good service for all workers.
Provide administrative support for HR activities to ensure:
- Records are kept up to date so they are compliant with GDPR and other legislation
- Ensuring policies in the document management system are up to date and issuing new policies/guidance as required
- HR activities are carried out in a timely manner and no actions are missed (in line with the relevant checklists for each process)
- Raise Purchase Orders
Recruitment for Contractors and Permanent Staff (including Interns):
- Supporting the HR team with recruitment
- Ensuring candidates have a good experience with the interview process.
- Building strong relationships with our sourcing agency partners to ensure they are effectively briefed on roles and updated regularly on new/filled vacancies
Management of Contractor and Employee Processes/Records
- Proactively manage the contractor extension process and filing relevant records
- Managing leaver procedures and document retention in line with GDPR best practice
- Managing new contractor/employee induction & onboarding
- Updating trackers, checklists and templates for HR processes and using templates supplied by Payroll (intern timesheet, relocation expenses tracker, overtime) ensure accurate data is provided to Payroll in a timely manner and employees are paid correctly
- Supporting managers in informal and formal discussions with employees and contractors to manage performance and conduct, including coaching managers, preparation of documents, providing support to managers in the meeting and taking notes
- Analysis of data to support attendance management activities.e.g. ensuring return to work forms are completed and regular review of attendance figures
Internal Communications and Event Management:
- Drafting and issuing effective employee communications to support the site strategy and encourage employee engagement, e.g. around implementation of new policies or new staff initiatives
- Sending out communications, managing attendance and ensuring successful running of events.
- Carrying out surveys, focus groups and 1:1 interviews as required to gain feedback on HR initiatives
Identifying improvement opportunities and implementing them:
- An understanding of continuous improvement and lean principles is desirable
- Consider how to improve HR tasks and processes to make them more efficient and reduce "waste"
Skills/Qualifications required for this role include..
- Strong organisational and administrative skills; detail-oriented and able to work to a high level of accuracy
- Previous experience working in HR; familiarity with HR admin best practice
- An understanding of key employment and other relevant legislation/best practice in HR (ACAS code, GDPR, Health & Safety)
- Experience using Outlook, Word and Excel and willing to learn new systems
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent qualification/experience
- An understanding of continuous improvement and lean/best practice manufacturing principles
- Experience of notetaking in formal disciplinary, investigation and grievance meetings
- Bilingual Mandarin Chinese/English - fluent in both languages and able to work to a high commercial standard of verbal and written communication in both languages
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines, prioritising work based on business requirements
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently.
- Displays a positive approach to working and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Considers how to create value in their role and delivers improvements to processes
- Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills