Job descriptionMy client is a Global engineering company specialise in the design & manufacture of bespoke Offshore & Marine solutions and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Consultant Naval Architect to join their team and develop, grow and manage the consultancy business of my client.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and the Senior Technical Director to ensure the highest calibre of technical delivery on all projects;
- Liaising with clients on their projects;
- Act as effective Deputy Senior Technical Director and cover the position during any period of absence.
- Ensure delivery of high quality documents on time and budget;
- Ensure suitable staff are allocated to tasks and providing additional training and support where required;
- Provide technical lead as appropriate to consultancy assignments;
- Ensuring software standards are maintained;
- Managing resource allocation/usage;
- Assisting with R & D activities;
- Assisting and/or providing input to tenders;
- Assist with recruitment of engineering staff;
- Maintain Company's engineering reputation in the market place.
- PHd, Msc or Degree in Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering
- Have extensive experience in a Naval Architect / Senior role
- Experienced in the use of Ansys, Ariane, Hydrostar, Orcaflex, GHS, Python software packages
- Have relevant experience designing structures
- Be able to prioritise workloads efficiently
- Be good with people of differing levels
This is a full time, permanent opportunity and the chance to join a company at a very exciting time of huge growth. If this position is of interest then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss in more detail.