Job descriptionHygiene Team Leader (Nights)
£11.80 per hour
An exciting and progressive role has arisen for a Hygiene Team Leader to join our client's Food and Hygiene Team based near Ely.
This is a role that is offering personal progression and development and you will be required to ensure excellent hygiene standards are met throughout the factory providing a good level of detailed cleaning work - high standards are to be expected. Applicants will have experience in a Food / Manufacturing environment and have a appreciation of Hygiene and be looking to progress in this arena OR you will have Hygiene / H&S experience and a desire to work in a Food environment.
Day to day you will monitor and report chemical effectiveness or any issues of concerns and ensure that provisions such as PPE and tools are well maintained and used in the correct manner. You will deal with Food safety concerns and escalate these and deputise for the Hygiene Team Manager in their absence. Within this new role you will be required to providing training and supervising a Team of Hygiene Operatives and ensuring cleaning duties are performed in a timely fashion and in full. You will maintain relevant cleaning documentation such as daily cleaning sign-off and periodical cleaning records and ensuring the Team work to the Safe Working Procedures and monitoring the workplace to prevent unsafe acts and behaviour.
- Ensuring that relevant verification methods are employed to monitor the effectiveness of cleaning and processes. This includes ATP swabs, traditional TVC swabs and chemical titrations.
- Monitoring standards of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and arranging for the replacement of any garments not fit for purpose.
- Visual inspection audits of the factory areas where hygiene concerns may exist as a result of post-cleaning or where any contamination to the product may occur.
- Working with the Hygiene Manager to ensure that Cleaning Instruction Cards (CICs) are maintained to be relevant and up-to-date with review.
- Completing task-based risk assessments and writing procedures for new tasks requiring attention.
- Providing cover during sickness or holiday for the Hygiene Operatives.
- Counting and arranging orders of stock items required to meet the business's needs (such as PPE and cleaning chemicals
- Good communication skills
- Basic numeracy
- Able to follow simple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work individually or as part of a Team Good timekeeper Motivated and able to motivate others.
Hours of work: 5 out of 7 days. Hours between 20:00-06:30 (8-hour shift pattern)