Job descriptionMy client, established in 1948, is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of energy control valves, safety, and monitoring products for engines, compressors, turbines, and other rotating equipment. They have experienced continued growth year on year and due to this continued expansion they are now seeking an experienced CNC Machinist for an immediate start.
You would be highly skilled in more than one area/process and flexible to carry out duties without close supervision. You would have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Fully skilled through experience and training, you would be able to carry out all machining tasks and requirements. You would have the ability to produce parts using various types of machinery in various areas of the machine shop, within the time limits as per order requirements, to the specifications of relevant process documents and to a quality as required by relevant detail drawing.
The essential requirement for this role is for an experienced machinist who can work on multiple machines while execute tasks that can be both complex and repetitive, such as:
- Lathe Turning - Manual & CNC
- Milling - Manual & CNC
- Drilling / Tapping
- Using Various Gauges
You would also be able to..
- Interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to set-up and program machines while developing programs and tooling methods.
- Responsible for first off and periodic inspection of their own work and others as required.
- Competently support the Team Leader/Line manager as required, both in his duties and relevant team duties.
- Able to assist, train and mentor other team members/employees in order to develop their skill set and allow team development and growth.
- Supporting all other operational functions as required.
- Develop machining and other processes in order to improve through put and efficiency where ever possible.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Minimum of five years' experience within a machining/workshop environment - Certification in relevant discipline or related experience and/or training.
- Minimum of NVQ/City and Guilds in engineering practices or equivalent experience, time served apprentice
- Experience of working with cast materials (Bronze, Alloy, Iron, Stainless, Brass)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Experience of working to close tolerances
- Abrasive wheels Certificate advantageous
- Ability to prioritize and schedule workload
- Punctual and reliable, with good communication
This is a full time, permanent position with an ASAP start. The position is based in a fairly remote location, therefore the successful candidate would require own transport. The role pays a competitive salary which is negotiable dependant on experience and comes with a good benefits package. The candidate would need to have a good level of fitness as the position required frequent standing and occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching etc and well as lifting and carrying of materials of up to 25 pounds. Hoists are provided for heavier weights.
If this position is of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.