Job descriptionFounded in 1987,my client is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. They have more than 194,000 employees,and operate in more than 170 countries and regions,serving more than three billion people around the world.
Due to further expansion, they are now seeking a motivated Planning Assistant/MES Administrator with strong analytical skills to join our team to assist with production planning and full administration of the MES system, including quality assurance, testing of proposed fixes and advising users on best practice.. This position will be on a rolling 1 year contract basis.
Reporting into the Production Planning Manager, your main responsibilities will be;
- MES system administration. Proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live systems issues;
- Providing production support on MES data consistency and process route management;
- Assisting and engaging in Production Planning;
- Adhering to all company standards and procedures;
- Completing all documentation relating to production activities as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications;
High standard of data accuracy and attention to details;
Teamwork and negotiation skills;
Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organisation;
The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure;
Ability to effectively manage own time to achieve on time deliverables.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft office, especially in excel.
Minimum Qualification A level including sciences subjects.
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Experience in technical manufacturing environment.
In addition, my client is looking for someone with the following personal attributes;
- Proven ability to work under own initiative with attention to detail;
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently;
- Experience working in fast paced, dynamic environment, with limited supervision: self-starter;
- Ability to ensure prioritisation of workloads to meet business requirement;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note that this opportunity is a 12 month temporary rolling assignment that is reviewed each year and extended based on performance. You would be employed by an agency as a contractor / temporary agency worker. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and hold all relevant paperwork.
Candidates must have a full UK driving licence and own transport in order to access the site. This position is for an ASAP start. The holiday entitlement is 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If this sounds like the ideal position for you then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.