Job descriptionMy client is a very well established Global company that has been trading successfully for well over 100 years and employs over 1,600 people across 11 countries..and is still growing!
Due to further expansion they are currently seeking an Electrical Assembly Operative to work in their manufacturing department.
You would be working in a fast-paced, high volume role and would be part of a production line so need to keep up with everyone else. You would be working on a segment, however there would be rotation with others along the line to ensure variety. The role is repetitive but not overly difficult. The ideal candidate would have prior experience within an Electrical Assembly position and possess experience of soldering, crimping and plug-and-play assembly. Hours are 7am-3:30pm Monday-Friday but there is plenty of overtime available to earn extra either early morning, after the shift ends or sometimes at weekends should you wish to do so.
The main responsibilities and tasks would include:
• Electrical build and Inspection of components
• Carry out in-process testing and suggest improvements (during manufacture)
Knowledge and Skills required to include:
• Flexible attitude to helping in all areas when required
• Able to read drawings
• Good understanding of assembly environment
• Willing to do additional hours when required at short notice
• Must be well organised with documentation and reporting if required
• Trouble shooting skills
• Someone who is adaptable and quick to learn new processes
• Background in working with electrical devices
• Quality focused
• Experience of working with electrical parts, soldering and crimping devices
• Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm to get things done
• Formal training in electrical products
Education and Qualifications:
• GCSE English and Maths - Grade C or above.
You would also be expected to adhere to the following health and safety requirements:
• Take care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
• Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
• If aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any situation, consult their supervisor.
• Obtain and use the correct tools/equipment for the work and not to use any that are unsafe or damaged. All tools, equipment and personal protective equipment must be stored in the approved place after use.
• Ensure that all guards are securely fixed and that all safety equipment and personal protective clothing/equipment provided are used.
• Not to operate any plant or equipment unless authorised.
• To report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to their line management.
• To switch off and secure unattended plant or equipment.
• To avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
• Not to participate in horseplay or place fellow employees in danger by their actions.
This position is on an initial fixed term contract basis for 6 months, after which it will be reviewed dependant on the requirements of the business. You would need to have your own transport or live locally to the Moreton Hall Trading Estate.
if this sounds of interest then please submit your CV or call Gerry to discuss further.