Job descriptionMy client, established in 1948, is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of energy control valves, safety, and monitoring products for engines, compressors, turbines, and other rotating equipment. They have experienced continued growth year on year and due to this continued expansion they are now seeking a DESS Design Engineer for an immediate start.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager but working under limited supervision, your role will be to carry out a variety of engineering tasks using knowledge, experience, initiative and independent judgment within the Diesel Engines Safety Solutions (DESS) product group. Primarily you will...
- Provide engineering design and drafting work to support the existing DESS product range, and product customisations.
- Provide hands-on manufacturing engineering support for the DESS team, including design and maintenance of production and test equipment, and product build and test as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
Your main duties within this role will be to;
- Work as the engineering point of contact in a cross-functional team, including production, planning/purchasing and quality.
- Perform multiple customisation, value added and sustaining engineering projects, providing regular updates to your manager.
- Complete Engineering Support Requests based on business priorities, including:
• Completing drafting changes required for incoming Engineering Change Requests (ECR)
• Creation of Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
• Supporting the execution of Engineering Change Orders (ECO) in the business ERP system
- Provide, or manage external resources to provide, design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of a variety of production and test equipment such as simple assembly jigs and fixtures, temperature test tanks, and pressure testing systems.
- Write, or manage external services to write, manuals or instruction sheets for products to include procedures, limitations of use, maintenance, spares, warnings, overviews and any other relevant or necessary information.
- Follow all defined internal quality procedures, and internal standards.
- Accurately maintain the company business and document management systems.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Respond to change productively and handle any other assigned duties as required.
The ideal person for this position will be professionally qualified, to Degree standard, in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline. You will also have a minimum 4 years relevant previous design experience.
In addition, you will also have the following knowledge and skills;
- Working knowledge of common drafting standards and procedures
- Knowledge of US and EU product design and certification standards
- 2D draughting, 3D solid modelling, using AutoCAD/Inventor or similar
- Working knowledge of MS Office, (Project, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge or experience of electrical engineering, castings, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, Directives compliance including Pressure Equipment Directive and hazardous areas (e.g. ATEX, CSA), CFD, FEA
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common reports, and documents. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations using mathematical and software tools.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday to Friday and paying a very competitive salary along with the usual benefits package to include holiday pay, company pension, free parking and more.
If this position sounds of interest, and you have the required skill sets then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.