Job descriptionMy client is a family-run electrical and mechanical engineering company that has been proudly serving its customers - local, national and international for over 50 years. They provide an extensive range of products and services to the manufacturing, production, commercial, industrial and agricultural markets and due to expansion are ready to open up an exciting opportunity within their organisation for an experienced Industrial Electrician.
The successful candidate will be joining a friendly and professional team and will be working both on site and in the workshop in Maldon. This position suits a natural problem solver comfortable working on their own initiative. A full induction will be provided to include shadowing opportunities and training opportunities.
Tasks will include:
- Performing electrical repairs and installation work to the highest standard in line with all required regulations and codes of practice
- Panel building and wiring on various systems
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance on diverse range of electrical systems
- Installing electrical systems using a full range of installation materials and techniques
- Routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults
- Adherence to existing working practices, methods and procedures
- Providing technical guidance and support to our customers during and after installation phase
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of working within a similar industry (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an electrician within an industrial environment (preferred)
- Up to date electrical qualifications (18th Edition preferred)
- Testing experience (City & Guilds 2391 Testing & Inspection qualification highly desirable)
- Ability to communicate across all levels within the organisation
- Must hold full UK driving licence
- Competitive salary (depending on experience) plus overtime opportunities
- 20 days annual leave plus a Christmas shutdown period
- Company van (for work use only)
- Employee assistance programme offering support to employees and their family
- Company pension plan
- Childcare vouchers scheme
This is a full time, permanent position working a 39 hour week. Monday-Thursday 8am-4:30pm, Friday 8am-3:30pm.
If this opportunity is of interest and your skill set matches the requirements of this specification then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.