Job descriptionMy client is a Global engineering company specialise in the design & manufacture of bespoke Offshore & Marine solutions and has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their team and develop, grow and manage the consultancy business of my client.
Reporting into the Engineering Team Lead, your primary responsibilities would include;
- Work closely with the Engineering Team Lead to ensure the highest calibre of technical delivery on all projects.
- Ability to develop concepts and detailed designs based on client/ internal briefs and ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Analyse the design proposals/ technical information and identify potential issues and remedies, highlighting any technical risks to the Engineering Management
- Maintain a smooth flow of information to the design team leads, line managers, other stakeholders, and Senior Management
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to ensure design feasibility
- Identify solutions to improve designs, ease of fabrication and reduction of costs
- Carry out detailed design work including 3D modelling and drawings
- Checking colleagues work, making recommendations/ corrections and improvements as required
- Maintain the quality of the departmental output to ensure the designs are accurate and complete,
- Keep projects aligned with the company's goals and values and ensure the project timeline is met and projects stay within budget.
- To communicate and work closely with vendors and contractors
- Provide support to fabrication / construction and installation teams to ensure the accuracy of the build.
- To ensure company and industry standards, processes and best practice are followed, identifying areas for improvement and implementing with agreement of the Engineering Management.
- Maintain the internal departmental processes and procedures to ensure compliance to QA standards
- Attend/ Chair and participate in relevant design review meetings
- Deliver R & D activities within your remit.
- Maintain and enhance my clients engineering reputation in the marketplace.
- To undertake additional tasks as may be required by the company from time to time.
The ideal person will possess a minimum HND/ Degree qualification and the following skills;
- Mechanical Design/ Draughting
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCAD, or similar
- Experience in the offshore/oil and gas industry, particularly around moorings systems, FPSO's, CALM buoys, PLEMS, offshore structures, would be beneficial
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
- Must be a creative thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work from first principles
This is a full time, permanent opportunity paying a competitive salary dependant on experience. There are also additional benefits. In addition, there is the option or being based in either the Ipswich Head Office or the London satellite office.
If this position is of interest then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.