Job descriptionFounded in 1987,my client is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. They have more than 194,000 employees,and operate in more than 170 countries and regions,serving more than three billion people around the world.
Due to further expansion they now have an opportunity for a Process & Test Equipment Technician to be based out of Ipswich, Suffolk. Reporting into the Backend Engineering Team Lead, your role would be supporting the business to sustain the upkeep of processes and test equipment to ensure effective delivery of daily production demands. The role requires working within the cleanroom as well as other lab areas, to maintain smooth running and continuously improve the operational processes and test equipment. Supporting the processing of engineering product developments and experimental batches will also be required.
Your main responsibilities will be to;
- Provide first line production support to troubleshoot processes, equipment and help support operations efficiency
- Utilise LEAN, Six Sigma, other best practice tools and principles for day-to-day problem solving and continuous improvements
- Work closely with backend equipment engineering and operations teams to effectively restore equipment or process breakdowns
- Implement and maintain effective statistical process controls (SPC) to ensure process and equipment quality controls against Quality Control Plan and Out of Control Action Plan (QCP/OCAP)
- Provide effective handover to operational and engineering colleagues across shifts
In addition, there may be a requirement to:
- Maintain and develop equipment preventative maintenance plans
- Work with equipment engineering to qualify new processes or equipment
- Use experience and knowledge to continuously improve processes towards lean manufacturing whilst maintaining quality
- Compile Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and provide training to other personnel
- Any other ad-hoc duty as requested to support operational or engineering teams
The skills and qualifications required to be successful within this role are;
- Track record of process & equipment support ownership in electronics or semiconductor volume manufacturing environment
- Proficient with electronic test equipment with fundamental knowledge of electronics
- Knowledge of SPC Lean manufacturing techniques, in particular first response to out of control/spec events during production runs
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- SMT / Pick & Place machine experience
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant technology area
You will also have proven ability to work under your own initiative with attention to detail and to stop when advice is required. You will also be able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines and have experience of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with limited supervision. A level-headed, proactive team player and good communicator is essential for this role.
This is a full time position working Monday to Friday, 09.00-17.30 (37.5hrs per week). This role is an agency worker contract and you will be employed by a managing agency. The assignment length will be a rolling 12 month contract, to be renewed each year.
If this position is of interest and you feel that you meet the criteria required then please submit your CV or call Gerry to discuss further.