Job descriptionFounded in 1987,my client is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. They have more than 194,000 employees,and operate in more than 170 countries and regions,serving more than three billion people around the world.
Due to this continued expansion they are now seeking a Reliability & Failure Analysis Engineer for an immediate start. This is an agency position based on a 3 year rolling contract basis.
Reporting into the Reliability Team Leader, you would be taking on the challenge to embrace the fast-changing optoelectronic industry! You would be responsible for reliability strategy of R&D and product development projects of cutting edge optoelectronic technology for the telecommunication industry. You would also have responsibility for the development and execution of reliability test plans for next generation optoelectronic devices as well as the identification of device weakness and reliability risks. Reliability improvement proposals to the Project, Design and Process Teams would be another responsibility of yours as well as liaising between the Reliability Teams and Project Teams.
Your main responsibilities for this position would include:
- Defining and execute burn-in, validation and qualification test plan for a range of optoelectronic devices
- Reliability measurements of devices
- Analysis, interpret and presenting of reliability test data
- Failure analysis
- Manage assigned tasks and deliver them to agreed cost and time budgets
- Take part in required internal and external technical training program
- Any other ad hoc duty as requested
The skills and experience required for this role would include;
- PhD in a relevant semiconductor/material or device design topic
- In-depth knowledge of III-V optoelectronic device physics
- Demonstrable experience of data analysis
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Academic and/or Industry experience in III-V semiconductor optoelectronic device reliability and/or failure analysis principles and methods
- Experience of failure analysis in other semiconductor industry sectors
- Knowledge of fabricating process of III-V optoelectronic device
- Project management skills and people management skill
- Optoelectronic industry reliability standard
- ISO9001 or equivalent Quality Management System
Sought after personal attributes would include;
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently
- Displays a positive approach to working and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ensure prioritisation of workloads dovetails with the needs of the business
This is a full time position. Monday to Friday 09.00-17.30 and is based on a 3 year rolling contract basis. You would be paid through an employment agency.
If this position is of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.