Job descriptionFounded in 1987,my client is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. They have more than 194,000 employees,and operate in more than 170 countries and regions,serving more than three billion people around the world.
Due to further expansion they now have an opportunity for a Test Shift Technician (Test & Bonding) to be based out of Ipswich, Suffolk. This role is part of the backend engineering team, supporting the production team to sustain the upkeep of processes and test equipment to ensure effective delivery of daily production demands. The role requires working within the cleanroom as well as other lab areas, to maintain smooth running and continuously improve the operational processes and test equipment. Supporting the processing of engineering product developments and experimental batches will also be required. Full training will be provided to candidates to work in this exciting, technical environment at the forefront of innovation.
Reporting into the Line Manager, your main responsibilities will be;
- Provide first line production support to troubleshoot process and equipment issues
- Working closely with equipment engineering and operations teams to effectively restore equipment or process breakdowns
- Maintian and improve operations efficiency
- Maintain effective statistical process controls (SPC) to ensure process and equipment quality controls against Quality Control Plan and Out of Control Action Plan (QCP/OCAP)
- Provide effective handover to operational and engineering colleagues across shifts
- Maintain and develop equipment preventative maintenance plans
- Work with equipment engineering to qualify new processes or equipment
- Actively undertakes 5S and continuous improvement activities.
- Compile Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and provide training to other personnel
- Plans & support operational or engineering activites, engineering test requests, gage repeatability & reproducibility (GRR) studies and equipment calibrations
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills and qualifications;
- Experience of working in a manufacturing and/or cnroom environment
- Experience of operating machinery or carrying out technical processes
- Good manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Experience of applying a quality standard to your work
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) - able to enter data into the manufacturing system and interpret data to identify issues
Experience of working in semiconductor wafer/chip fabrication
An understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles
Confident working safely with and around chemicals (training and PPE is provided)
Basic math skills to enable you to calculate measurements
Quality assurance experience
The follwing personal atttributes are sought after by my client;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines, multi-tasking and prioritising work to meet business requirements
- Strong work ethic; drives improvements in processes and is keen to learn and develop their skills through cross-training on processes in other cells and on new equipment
Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalised paperwork, to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested.
This is a full time position working on a 2 shift basis - Monday - Friday, 06.00 - 14.00 followed by 14.00 - 22.00. This is initially a 12-month temp/agency worker contract, to be extended for further 12 month periods dependent on performance and workload. You will also require your own transport to be able to access the site.
If this position sounds of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.