CNC Laser Engineer
Standard hours of work are 9-5 Monday to Friday
Cooper Lomaz have two fantastic opportunities to join a growing team based in Rayleigh where progression is rife. Our clients are looking to enhance their in-house laser machining prowess. They have state of the art industrial laser cutting machinery and a bespoke R&D system. You will be responsible for the operation of these two systems, with scope for becoming tool owner for other laser systems that form part of their growth pipeline. If this sounds like you, they have an exciting opportunity for you to join the UK's leading card manufacturer. As part of a global company (Paragon ID) they can offer you the chance to work for a successful business as part of an ambitious yet friendly team.
Your role will be at the heart of their R&D and manufacturing activity, working alongside your team-members to develop industry-leading products.
Reporting to the Director of R&D and General Management, you will:
- Assume tool ownership of existing laser marking systems and new systems as they come online. Become super-user of their in-house laser systems.
- Program laser systems for production runs. You will take client artwork and prepare compatible product designs in DXF format for import into laser software. You will prepare laser jobs and optimise laser settings as required for new products.
- Be super-user of production laser systems, carrying out basic maintenance operations as required and supporting operating staff.
- Deploy laser etching and surface marking to design and prototype of High-Frequency RFID products.
- Prepare master files for operator use. Develop and enhance SOPs.
- Support the manufacturing team in the industrial scale up of their patented technology and processes.
- Identify root causes and advocate solutions.
- Perform R&D activity on materials and laser-based processes including laser surface marking and texturing.
- Produce cutting edge prototype products for delivery to clients and their salesforce.
The role is diverse, spanning cutting edge development activity and manufacturing. It is important that the candidate can adapt their style and approach, in line with the requirements of the role, as they grow their capabilities and expand their market offering.
- Primary Degree in Physics or Engineering.
- Demonstrable experience with laser systems.
- Solid understanding of laser physics and laser optics.
- Ability to build and maintain bespoke laser systems.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD and standard office software.
- Team player
- Motivated, energetic self-starter.
- Quick learner; able to develop high levels of industry, product, and operational process knowledge.
- Masters level of higher qualification.
- Experience with RFID systems.
- Experience with laser usage in a manufacturing environment
- circa 2 years
Required Onboarding Background Checks
Right to Work