Job descriptionAn exciting opportunity has just been newly created within the Export Department of my well-established and highly successful client. Reporting into the Export Manager, your role will be to organise shipment of products utilising approved carriers to meet or exceed customer delivery expectations. Organise the importation of goods and production material as required. Complete all of the relevant information systems pertaining to deliveries and imports whether in the form of computer database records and paper systems. Ensure all processes are being adopted and are effective. You will also be tasked with ensuring compliance with all import / export legislation as well as COSHH and Health & Safety requirements.
Other duties will include:
- Assist the Export Manager in ensuring the department is functioning effectively and achieving its principal objectives.
- Monitor departmental performance and work with the team to achieve consistent service excellence and exceptional results
- Assess the effectiveness and practicality of processes, through ongoing review, and ensure these are being adopted.
- Monitoring compliance with all legislation and regulative requirements related to shipping, import and export of goods in the markets, communicating and initiating change in business systems and process as needed.
- Manage the processing of sales orders, despatch and work with Export Manager to identify, and, where agreed, implement process and cost reduction improvement opportunities.
- Organise shipment of products utilising approved carriers to meet or exceed customer delivery expectations.
- Organise the importation of goods and production material as required.
- Completion of all relevant/required information systems pertaining to deliveries and imports.
- Prioritisation and planning of shipments with reference to the master production schedule, production management and Customer Service to meet agreed customer delivery date.
- Process sales orders, despatch and shipping documentation via the ERP system and other associated software, carrier specific systems where applicable, and manually generated documents as required.
- At all times be cognisant of international export and import legislation affecting the shipment or importation of products and materials.
- Liaise, advise and report internally on matters of delivery, cost and shipping related queries to assist with timely customer issue resolution or as may otherwise be required.
- Creation of purchase orders for, and reconciliation of, carrier invoices for approval and payment.
- Maintain relevant/required information systems
- Comply with all aspects of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations and follow the Company Safety Policy.
- Abide by all statutory requirements including those relating to health and safety.
- Read, understand and fulfil responsibilities under the Company's equal opportunities policy in place from time to time.
- Adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures as may be amended and updated from time to time including those relating to HR and health and safety.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Export Manager
The ideal candidate for this position will the following skills and experience..
- Proven experience of working in an international export/import position.
- Knowledge of international import/export legislation.
- Team / staff supervision
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills in English language.
- Working knowledge of IT tools / Microsoft suite and systems.
- 5 GCSEs (A-C grade or equivalent) including Maths & English
- Current and clean driving licence.
It would also be advantageous if you hold a recognised qualification in Import / Export or Supply Chain Management. Also, a knowledge of international Import / Export legislation post-Brexit, experience of using JD Edwards Business System, a qualification in continuous improvement techniques and / or experience of working with a manufacturer or freight forwarder would also be sought after.
In addition to the above, my client is seeking someone with the following personal attributes..
- Level headed, logical, excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to the highest possible standard.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work to meet targets.
- Apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Continuously demonstrate a team ethos.
- Ability to identify and progress process and system improvement opportunities.
- Displays forward thinking and predictive behaviours towards potential customer needs and challenges.
- Continuously demonstrate internal / external customer focus.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be able to adapt to new tasks or responsibilities as required.
This is a full time, permanent position with an ASAP start working a 38 hour week, Monday to Friday. This position pays a competitive salary with excellent benefits package.
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you have the required skill set then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.