Job descriptionMy client is a world leader in its field with operations in every country and continued expansion year on year. Due to this growth they are now seeking an experienced Process Engineer with experience in Photolithography for an ASAP start. This is an agency worker role based on a rolling 3 year contract.
As a process engineer, you will be part of the Fab Engineering team and the Technical Operations team to support the business in delivering products to meet technical specifications and timelines. You will work mostly in the clean room as well as lab areas, to optimize existing processes to support R&D and manufacturing wafers. Also, you will work closely with facility/equipment engineers as well as integration engineers and develop new processes in the Photolithography process modules to meet new device requirements for future technology, and also provide support to transfer processes to large volume manufacturing.
Your main responsibilities within this position will include;
- Day to day operation owner of Photolithography coat, expose, develop and metrology tools.
- Direct technicians/operators to process R&D and manufacturing wafers to meet schedules.
- Schedule and complete (hands-on where necessary) maintenance activities on all related tools.
- Maintain statistical process control (SPC) charts of Photolithography processes/equipment to establish a stable and robust processing platform. Monitor process output data records against specs, and make necessary process corrections and adjustments.
- Assist in creating building blocks for photolithography processes.
- Interfacing to design and testing teams (spec reviews, FMEA etc.)
- Document tool operation and process details and write standard of procedures (SOPs)
- Provide process instructions/training for technician/operators and engineering colleagues.
- Develop new processes to meet product and technology roadmap requirements.
- Deploy change control processes as required.
- Any other ad hoc duty as requested by the line manager and/or process engineering manager.
The required skills and qualifications for this position include;
- Minimum of 3-years Fab experience in Photolithography process engineering / process development.
- Experience with Photolithography equipment, stepper/aligner, coat/develop, overlay/CD metrology, E Beam Lithography
- Good dexterity for handling InP wafers and samples.
- Track record in using structured problem solving techniques
- Degree in relevant subject, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Electronic Engineering etc.
- Knowledge and experience of SPC processes.
It would also be highly advantageous if you had the following;
- Experience in setting up successful design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis.
- Above undergraduate, preferably a PhD in relevant subjects.
- Good knowledge of InP based materials and ICP etching.
- High level proficiency in SPC, 6σ techniques and gauge R&R studies.
The personal attributes required for this position include;
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines level headed.
- Proactive team player who is also capable of working independently.
- Positive attitude in working & learning and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under own initiative, and to stop when advice is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach to working work the hours to do the job.
- Supportive of the company culture and ethos.
This is an agency worker position based on a rolling 3 year contract, to be extended dependant on performance and workload. You would be working on a full time basis, Monday to Friday and Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalised paperwork, to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested.
If this position sounds of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.