Job descriptionMy client is a Global leader in it's field and has experienced year on year growth and unrivalled success in it's many years since inception. Due to this continued success, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operational Excellence Leader.
Reporting into the VP of Global Operations and based on site in Suffolk, you will be primarily responsible for leading the Operation Excellence Deployment at their site to develop an OPEX culture and to provide technical support and coaching in OPEX processes to grow the process improvement capabilities of the business.
This role requires significant leadership skills, as well as, technical OPEX skills such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S Deployment, 6-Sigma Certification, etc. The individual will need to drive change management, effectively communicate throughout the organization and collaborate to achieve target performance and share best practices.
Your Main Responsibilities and Tasks will include;
• Work in collaboration with site leadership to identify and improve those areas most important to the site.
• Together with the site Operations Manager, establish OPEX strategies, KPIs, priorities, project goals and assess results.
• Identify and eliminate process waste by continually driving a cultural shift in the organization with sustainable results.
• Monitor progress of improvement projects by establishing reporting process metrics, and creating business performance scorecards, providing regular business management metrics including cost/performance improvement and ROI (when applicable)
• Provide regular and ongoing feedback regarding improvement opportunities to Site Leadership and to OPEX Leadership.
• Coordinate, lead and execute improvement projects and initiatives in order to achieve business needs and objectives.
• Drive OPEX culture throughout the organization by organizing & facilitating OPEX events as necessary and ensuring that accountability for OPEX held at all levels in the organization and ensuring standards are followed correctly.
• Conduct site evaluations (audits) of OPEX Standards' proficiency as directed by Site and OPEX leadership.
• Working with the management team maintain a continuous improvement road map that includes project plans and training requirements.
• Coordinate in-house training that covers continuous improvement tools and techniques.
• Monitoring the corrective action process and reporting progress. Champion root cause analysis.
The ideal person for this role will possess the following essential knowledge and skills;
• Track record in implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
• Experience in analysis and problem solving, Value Stream Mapping, 5S Deployment, 6-Sigma Certification, etc.
• Related work experience and/or a degree on engineering or related field
• Analytical/critical thinking, information analysis, problem resolution skills
• Ability to engage others - fostering teamwork and building strong relationships, ability to understand others, lead teams and develop people.
• Ability to influence and build relationships, motivating and inspiring others through highly effective communication and exemplary presentation skills
• Ability to achieve business results through direct and indirect interaction, delivering business results under pressure, a champion of performance improvement with a strong customer focus
• Good communication skills, verbal and written.
• Able to work under pressure
• General knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Good computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
• General knowledge of management systems ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018
It would also be highly advantageous if you had the following;
• Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
• ISO lead auditor / Internal auditor
This is a full time, permanent position working a 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday. Hours are slightly negotiable. This is for an ASAP start and pays a competitive salary as well as offering an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to really make a difference in an exciting, Global organisation.
If this opportunity is of interest and you have the required skill set then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.