Job descriptionMy client is a well-established Engineering manufacturer and they have an exciting opportunity to join their customer service team on a permanent basis with an ASAP start. You would be primarily responsible for answering incoming calls, placing orders, checking stock and status of orders and using problem solving skills to resolve customer issues. You will also be responsible for training, providing coaching and teamwork to other Customer Service Representatives as well as being a recognised source of expertise in technical product knowledge. It is key that you have French and German language skills for this opportunity.
Other duties that you would be carrying out as part of this role include;
- Responsible for answering telephone calls/emails and providing necessary information and feedback on stocking levels order status, order tracking and order entry.
- Provide alternative products/solutions for out of stock or long lead time items to meet customer needs.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, ensuring that errors and dropped telephone calls are kept below 1%
- Work towards maintaining a 24 hour turnaround time on customer purchase orders and accurate entry on to IFS. This includes purchase orders/requests received via the telephone, email and other forms of relevant communication.
- Ensure a proactive approach and delivery to calling customers, providing them with information concerning the status of their orders as necessary.
- Maintain up to date and a high level of technical knowledge ensuring that best advice and technical assistance is provided to customers and team members.
- Responsible for administrative management ensuring that existing processes are regularly reviewed and recommendations made on process improvements.
- Deliver effective and supportive support to the Customer Service Team as necessary utilising developed people management and facilitation skills.
- Coach and provide performance feedback and training to team members as necessary.
- Identify roadblocks and inefficiencies in business processes to ensure customer requirements are met efficiently, according to quality expectations and within required timelines.
- Ensure at all times proper team coverage and support is available.
- Assist in developing team metrics and the measurement of team performance.
- Follow established company policies and procedures in relation to authority and approval requirements.
- Follow all Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as may reasonably be requested of you.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following skills and experience;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French and German.
- French language skills, verbal and written desirable.
- German language skills, verbal and written desirable.
- Experience in a technical Customer Service environment.
- Previous people management experience advantageous.
- High standard of education; preferably degree qualified. Strong relevant technical/mechanical background and experience of manufacturing environments.
- Strong computer skills and a good working knowledge of MS Office and an ERP system.
- Developed problem solving skills to identify and resolve customer related issues.
- Experience of developing and implementing Customer Service policies and procedures, including returns.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity with an ASAP start. You would be working Monday-Thursday 8am-4:30pm, Friday 8am-12:30pm.
If this position is of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.