Job descriptionMy client is a Global manufacturing organisation that makes high quality products and has experienced year on year growth in it's many years since it launched.
Due to this growth they are now seeking a Composite Operator to work in their Carbon Fibre Cell department. You will be tasked with manufacturing components from composite materials which meet engineering and quality standards. This role will require you to work a night shift Monday to Friday 22.00-06.00 and will be a basic salary plus a night shift allowance.
Your main responsibilities and tasks for this role would be to;
• Manufacture broadcast components from carbon fibre.
• Use processing equipment to infuse and machine.
• In-process testing to maintain quality standards.
• Carry out planned maintenance.
• Suggest and implement continuous improvement ideas.
• Work in line with environmental, health and safety site requirements.
The ideal candidate for this position will be;
• An experienced mechanical assembler who has worked in a mechanical device production environment, minimum 5 years' experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing carbon fibre composites
• Able to read mechanical engineering drawings.
• Well organised, adaptable, and quick to learn new processes, with the ability / experience to complete documentation and reporting if required.
• Quality focused with good trouble shooting skills.
• Self-motivated with the drive and enthusiasm to get things done.
• Ability to work autonomously and a strong team player with a can do attitude and a flexible attitude to helping in all areas when required, with a willingness to work additional hours when required at short notice.
It would also be highly desirable if you have received formal training on KUKA robots and operated vacuum resin transfer moulding (VRTM) processing equipment, although this can be taught to the right candidate.
This is a fixed-term position for six months initially and then reviewed dependant on the demands of the business. It is for an ASAP start. You would be working on a Monday-Friday night shift based on a 37.5 hour working week. 22:00-06:00. This position pays a basic salary, a generous night shit allowance and additional benefits.
If this is of interest then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.