Job descriptionOur client is one of the world's leading providers of specialised subsea pipeline protection systems to oil and gas majors and offshore contractors. Their products support, protect and stabilise all kinds of subsea installations worldwide.
To be a valued member of the engineering team offering technical, design and general engineering solutions for projects, bids and within Research & Development. To ensure smooth and efficient interaction with Operations and Sales. To manage all Research & Development and ensure that all tests are fully briefed, documented and attended by a suitable technical department person.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Provide good, technically correct calculations for structural and equipment designs.
• Translate engineering concepts into workable, cost-effective designs for company development and client projects.
• Handle all technical enquiries efficiently.
• Ensure the correct CAD drawings are provided for projects.
• All assigned tasks are responded to and deadlines to be met / acknowledging other department timelines.
• Budgets / costs are provided to client as required, Directors and relevant colleagues are kept updated to ensure smooth running of the business.
• Head up Research & Development.
• Be part of the Management team and participate in the weekend duty rota for cover of emails and any urgent actions (usually 1 in 7).
• Develop knowledge and understanding of the engineering disciplines related to their client's designs, products, sector and business.
• Provide good commercial consultation with clients and ensure time logged for budgets and costings.
• Work with the Technical Design Manager to build rapport and shared knowledge within the department.
• Proactively develop a good working knowledge of QHSE and how it applies to the company / to ensure these standards are adhered to within remit, Research & Development trials etc.
• Understand site procedure and production of the client's products / to use this knowledge when providing commercial and technically acceptable solutions.
• Mentor the Projects / Technical Draughtsman to develop their skill set in line with their degree and for company and department benefit.
• Provide engineering calculations and calculation checks on designs for company products, client project specific structures, lifting equipment and development projects and products.
Qualification & Competency Criteria
• 2 > 4 years industry experience
• Worked within a civil engineering environment or similar. Or ability to quickly get up to speed within the company environment
• Positive approach and work ethic
• Works under own initiative
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
• Good technical qualifications or working toward these and design experience
• Use of design software and ability / willingness to learn new drawing / design packages
• 5+ years similar industry experience
• Advanced ability in relevant drawing packages
• Civil or structural engineering qualification
• Design experience in steel and / or concrete
• Project management experience
• Customer / project handling
• Previous work in oil, gas and renewables
• Financial acumen
If you feel this is the role for you, or you'd like to discuss further, please call Lana on 01603 733091.