Job descriptionMy client is a Global manufacturer with locations across the world. They have experience exceptional growth year-on-year and are now offering a fantastic Graduate opportunity to join their organisation as an Apprentice Product Support Engineer. This opportunity would be to join up ASAP with a view to enrolling on the apprenticeship program in September 2022 but with the opportunity to gain some valuable practical experience and learn the business and processes in advance.
This position would suit someone who has recently finished their education and is seeking their next step. Reporting into the Principle Engineer, this role would be to provide post-development engineering design support for the complete range of products manufactured in the UK. To develop skills through on-the-job experience and classroom-based learning - able to start apprenticeship level 5 or 6 training (Degree level BEng).
The main responsibilities and tasks involved in this role are;
• To work closely with the design team to assist in resolving electro-mechanical design issues affecting manufacturing or customers.
• To undertake design updates and enhancements to existing products.
• To take part in structured problem-solving processes
• To help gather and analyse data to support root-cause analysis
• To work closely with the Development Department to undertake testing and evaluation of designs
• Undertake mechanical engineering design and apply appropriate standards to implement solutions.
• Planning, coordinating and conducting tests, and producing written technical reports based on the findings.
• Manufacturing prototype parts using both conventional and CNC (CAD/CAM) machining methods.
• Undertake electro-mechanical assembly.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following essential knowledge and skills;
• Sound practical bias
• Understanding of basic engineering theory and ability to apply it practically
• Experience of precision machined parts, castings, plastics, drive mechanisms and transmissions
• Ability and desire to learn new skills
• Professional approach
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Structured approach to planning and carrying out tasks
• Detailed and methodical approach to record keeping
• Ability to use own initiative to address problems and present solutions
• Attention to detail ability
• An understanding of own limitations with regards to safety of self and others, especially in connection with maintenance duties.
It would also be highly desirable if you had the following experience;
• 3D computer aided design (CAD) skills
• Machining and fitting skills
• Experience with electronics and basic software writing
• Technical report writing experience
• Any other duties commensurate to the role and with the possibility of duties being added or removed from the above.
It is essential that you have A-Levels or equivalent sufficient to enable the applicant to start a level 5 Apprenticeship.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity and you would be working a 37.5 hour working week, Monday to Friday. Free parking is provided but you would require your own transport to attend site on a daily basis.
If this position is of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.