Job descriptionMy client is a very well-established manufacturer who has an exciting new opportunity to join their organisation as a Design & Development Engineer covering New Product Development within their organisation.
Your role would be to deliver new designs & developments on time, to budget and to required specification. To create and drive concepts and designs throughout the development cycle and into supported production. You would also be required to produce concept sketches, general arrangements, manufacturing drawings, BOM's, technical manufacturing and consumer supporting documentation.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Produce concepts for new products and changes/Improvements to current products
- Produce sketches and calculations and prototypes
- Demonstrate innovative solutions
- Use Autodesk Inventor to create CAD models and drawings using parametric modelling
- Use appropriate software to create technical documentation, factory build & work instructions, end user documentation
- Create Bills of Materials (BOM) and variants listings
- Learn and adopt the IT systems for order configuration, BOM control and variant calculations
- Support the NPD team and others in developing new products and product/process improvements
- Contribute to continuous improvements and value engineering of current and future products
- Be involved with mechanical product testing and fault-finding during development and on existing products
- Attend site visits for issue diagnosis and technical tasks as required
- Assist manufacturing with technical advice, training, development of jigs and fixtures and other improvement activities
- Support management to introduce new or improved procedures and processes that improve the NPD activities and plans
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications;
- A degree in mechanical, design or manufacturing engineering - A qualification is ESSENTIAL in order to be considered for this position
- A record of innovative solutions to similar products
- Experience of early concept development
- Experience of stage-gate processes
- A wide use of MS Office
- A detailed knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and Vault
- Experience of prototype development and evaluation
- A creative engineering streak coupled with in depth manufacturing knowledge
- Good writing and communication skills
- A full driving licence and own transport
This is a full time, permanent opportunity working Monday-Friday 08:30am-17:00pm. This position comes with a competitive salary and various benefits including holiday pay and free onsite parking.
If you would like to be considered for this position then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.