Job descriptionMy client is a well established Engineering manufacturer and has a very exciting opening within their organisation for an experienced Buyer / Planner for an ASAP start. You would be working within the Supply Chain Department, providing Purchasing Planning and Material Control support to the production facilities, engineering, QA and all non-production areas.
Essentially, this role will require you to;
- Update IFS computer system with Static data gained from production, sales / planning forecast, customer service and historical data.
- Monitor and maintain MRP to ensure data is correct and up to date.
- Monitor stock holding levels to ensure that inventory targets are maintained and there is no buildup of obsolete products and any excess inventory holding can be justified.
- Support and participate in stock take activity (inclusive of perpetual inventory checking and variance correction and reporting) relating to the commodity and products under the Planner/Buyer designated control
- Liaison between Customer Service, Manufacturing and Purchasing/Planning to co-ordinate build of completed products to customer requested dates, ensuring adequate stock is held to maximize customer service levels and Inventory turns.
- Ensure purchase orders are placed and expedited to maintain stock and service level at optimum.
- Ensure all MRP exception messages are acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Working in conjunction with Operations monitoring material availability and capacity loading to avoid over-commitment of resources resulting in missed delivery promises.
- Provide daily, monthly and adhoc reports as required covering any issues of supply, build, despatch or capacity overloads.
- Champion continuous improvement and Best Practice' initiatives, including but not restricted to Lean activities, IFS improvements, Six Sigma, etc.
- Establish and maintain cost competitive, reliable, and quality assured sources of supply and co-ordinate supplier's contributions to product development and continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain and manage purchase orders, price changes, and resolve invoice queries to ensure accuracy of accounts.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of engineering changes with suppliers and manufacturing to ensure implementation on time and to cost.
- Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance and cost reduction activities to ensure that suppliers achieve agreed improvement targets.
- Support and participate in Internal and Supplier related Audits.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following skills and experience;
- At least 5 years purchasing and planning experience and ideally hold or working toward achieving full membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- Have at least 5 years' experience in purchasing, planning and materials control functions, demonstrating strong customer service and leadership qualities.
- Previous experience of managing an ERP/MRP system, preferably IFS.
- Experience in planning and purchasing - metal, plastics, or electronic parts for inclusion in industrial assembly environment.
- Have been involved in a range of contract negotiations and benchmarked suppliers across Europe and Far East.
- Experience in problem solving techniques.
- Computer Literate in MRP/MPS ideally utilizing IFS or similar.
- Computer Literate (Windows-based), must have Excel capability at intermediate /advanced level.
- Ability to make appropriate and effective use of oral and written English to communicate, cooperate and negotiate with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to utilise analytical and mathematical skills appropriate to responsibilities.
- Ability to utilise appropriate judgment and discretion as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organise work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn and to increase and update the knowledge and methods affecting area of responsibility.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity working Monday-Thursday 8am-4:30pm and Friday 8am-12:30pm. The position is paying a competitive salary plus benefits.
My client is seeking someone with the ability to work autonomously with minimal direction. ERP experience is a must and it would also be highly advantageous if you have factory production planning experience within an Engineering environment. This is a fantastic position offering development over time for the right person.
If this sounds of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.