Job descriptionCredit Control Team Leader
(FTC 6mth MAT)
Cooper Lomaz are recruiting a Credit Controller Team Leader to be Supporting a team of 10 credit controllers across two geographic locations. This role is currently Hybrid and you will be a technical expert in credit control, driving activity and supporting the team in both their organisation and time management, driving a resilient performance culture and helping to drive the company values.
- Supervision of the credit control function
- Ensure Manual invoicing function is resourced and adhering to SLA.
- Ensuring that the team work in such a way that cover for absence is delivered to the customer
- Dealing with any queries escalated quickly and efficiently
- Provide accurate and effective reporting of all overdue to debts to the relevant stakeholders and ensuring that actions not only of the team are followed up but also the business units.
- Ensure that overdue debt is escalated quickly in order to avoid unnecessary risk and potential write offs
- Monitor the performance of every individual within the team and provide the relevant support, training or performance management.
- Liaise with the Legal team and ensure the necessary actions take place in regard to irrecoverable debt.
- Carry out all line manager recruitment responsibilities
- Constantly scrutinise and review processes with a view to delivering better controls, improved service and greater efficiencies
- Take lead on relevant projects, designing robust test plans and performing testing and consequent re-evaluation
- Proven people management skills with the ability to manage through others
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable to business change
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at levels
- Must be able to motivate the team.
- Strong customer service ethos
- Takes ownership of problems through to resolution
- IT literate (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of at least one major ERP or integrated accounting package (preferred)