Job descriptionOur hugely successful client has been established for over 40 years with family and quality at its heart. They are seeking a Specifications Technologist to join their growing team!
Working alongside the Technical Managers, this role is to ensure that all products are correctly specified with accurate product information. This role also involves direct customer interface, and liaising with staff and customers at all levels. Hours are Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 17:30.
* Produce new specifications in a timely manner, including photo and quality standards.
* Support existing specifications in a format acceptable to individual customers.
* Ensure signed (manual/electronic) specifications are held on site for products at all stages of manufacture, with periodic reviews and updates.
* Provide technical assistance to the Product Development team in factory trials, pre-productions and assistance to the factory at launch.
* Be familiar with all retailer online systems in order to produce finished product specifications.
* Assist in the technical ownership of the product from development handover to launch.
* Lead and organise internal specifications to ensure all are up to date.
* Complete, document and verify internal audits carried out against the internal audit plan.
* Minimum of 1 year in similar role.
* Knowledge of HACCP & Food Safety principles.
* Experience of customer specifications systems.
* Legislation knowledge.
* Minimum of GCSE English and Maths.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Team player.
* Good communication skills.
* Well presented in respect of customer interface as demanded by the role.
* The job holder may be required at any time to perform any reasonable task outside the general provisions of this job description in the pursuance of Good Company Practice or Need.
* Please be aware that holidays will be severely limited during November and December due to workload commitment.
If you'd like to discuss the role further, or to apply, please contact Lana @ Cooper Lomaz on 01603 733091.