Job descriptionMy client, established in 1959, is the technical market leader in the design, development, manufacture and supply of modular bolted Glass-Fused-to-Steel, Fusion Bonded Epoxy coated and Stainless-Steel containment storage solutions. Their impressive R&D and innovation is key to their success and as a result they have introduced many 'industry firsts' with their unique products and export to over 110 countries across the World. They are one of the top manufacturers across these regions. They are a company that looks to continuously improve, innovate, and invest in their future success.
As a result of this success they are now seeking to add a Resource Planning Manager to their Supply Chain Team. Your role would be to support the growth and further build on the company strategy to provide exceptional customer service to all. You would be leading process change, communicating across the business and optimising resources to ensure they deliver each project on time, within budget and in full. Reporting into the Project Manager, and with one direct report, you would be tasked with creating and implementing best practice systems and processes to ensure the smooth operation of the Supply Chain, including demand planning, raw material, and production planning, resulting in minimal operational disruption and maximum customer satisfaction.
Your main duties and key responsibilities would also be:
- To schedule the correct quantities of materials, goods and products inbound to the business from its suppliers and sub-contractors.
• To move goods and products, including importing and exporting, to ensure they are in the right place to meet customer demand.
• To determine how much and what type of materials and products to hold in the supply chain, including managing replenishment plans, safety stock and optimising inventory levels.
• Evaluating the challenges faced by the organisation and taking action to mitigate risks.
• To oversee and manage inventory integrity and review ways to reduce inventory levels.
• Setting department objectives and monitoring ongoing progress and performance.
• To ensure strong communication between teams under your leadership to facilitate the exchange of information and in order to execute change.
• To work closely with Sales colleagues to ensure an accurate forecast is supplied.
• Ensuring that all functions under your supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure safety of staff and visitors.
• To provide leadership, co-ordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are capable of achieving the operational and financial targets within their areas of responsibility.
• Overseeing and optimising costs in relation to supply chain activities.
• To develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Providing regular reports on performance across the supply chain, including supplier performance, schedule adherence and costs.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
• The Health & Safety of yourself and others in your area of control.
• To provide necessary support to the Operations Director.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills and personal attributes:
• Proven leadership and management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience of change management within a supply chain environment.
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to analyse complex data and provide meaningful information.
• Knowledge of lean techniques would be advantageous.
- Previous experience leading a planning function with expert knowledge of supply chain processes, specifically material and resource planning.
• The ability to maintain a positive approach and meet agreed deadlines.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to positively influence the behaviour of others.
This is a full time, permanent position with an ASAP start. The role pays a very competitive salary and comes with good benefits. You would be based on site therefore would need your own transport due to the remote location.
If this position sounds of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss in further detail.