Job descriptionWe have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Chemist (inorganic / organic) to join one of the largest life science companies in the world. They specialise in analytical and bespoke specialist testing, covering environmental testing, asbestos and waste.
• Research and develop any new and diverse inorganic analytical techniques as required by the client and business.
• Investigate and conduct non routine methodology and data generation as required by client and business.
• Assist in investigations, reviews and presentations of resource developments that would improve analytical methodology.
• Contribute to development, compilation and presentations of method validation packages in line with accreditation requirements.
• Support inorganic or organic department in areas requiring advanced expertise in analytical chemistry.
• Assist Quality team in scheduled audits.
• Respond to client queries in a prompt and professional manner, either directly or in support of other colleagues.
• Develop and implement business improvement ideas across all areas of the inorganic or organic labs.
• Support the Sales and Marketing team on technical matters and assist wherever possible in winning new clients / bringing them on board smoothly.
• Assist in the future planning of the inorganic / organic lab, including capacity assessments, choice of new instruments and the purchasing of consumables etc.
• To work in a professional and safe manner and to advise others to do the same.
• Maintenance of confidentiality.
• To comply with all Health and Safety and ISO14001 requirements of your role.
Key Attributes / Skills
• Versed in Inorganic Chemistry (essential).
* Project Management.
• Professional relationship management.
• Technical competence.
• Good communication skills.
• PC literate - intermediate.
• Technical knowledge.
• Industry knowledge.
• Proven analytical experience.
• Science Degree or equivalent (desirable), but would consider graduates.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a relevant analytical role (desirable).
If you'd like to apply or discuss the role further, please contact Lana @ Cooper Lomaz.